1. I have learned to love God for who He is and not for what he gives me.
2. I have learned that when I am weak, He is strong.
3. I have learned that it is not only OK to need others, but God planned it this way. In Genesis, God said, “It is not good for man to be alone.” He created us with a need for each other.
4. I have learned that joy is not dependent on circumstances.
5. I have learned that God truly does comfort us so that we can extend that comfort to others.
6. I have seen joy come in the morning.
7. I have experienced the peace that surpasses understanding and it is a beautifully baffling gift!
8. I have learned that masking your pain does nothing for the healing process. Healing begins once our hurts are brought into the light.
9. I have learned that feelings are neither right or wrong — they just are. Knowing this means that there is no guilt or shame when it comes to our feelings.
10. There are no shortcuts in the grieving process. The only way to experience healing is to walk the path through the pain. Praise God we do not have to walk it alone. There were times when Jesus carried me.